Saturday, July 01, 2006

Disneyland Trip: Day Three

This morning was a bit rough as well with my stomach. We had planned on being at Disneyland at 7:30 a.m. but because I wasn’t feeling too well we got a late start. We got to the park at about 8:30 which isn’t bad. The park wasn’t too crowded at all. We decided to get fastpasses for the buzz lightyear ride first but when we got there the wait was less than 5 minutes so we just jumped on. This was a fun ride - you get laser guns to shoot different targets throughout the ride. Jim scored more points than I did. After that we went on Peter Pan and then Jim and Sadie went on Dumbo and the Tea cups ride (I wasn’t feeling up to anything that spun around in a circle). Sadie loved these rides.
We then went on Small World with no wait and then headed into Toontown to visit Mickey. I wasn’t sure how Sadie would react to the characters but she was great with them. We met Mickey and got his autograph and a picture and Sadie was excited. After seeing Mickey we let Sadie play at Goofy’s playground for a bit. We then thought it was a good time to eat lunch. We had brought sandwiches and chips in for lunch.
We sat down at a little table and Sadie saw Goofy and Pluto out signing autographs so Jim took her over and she got to meet them. At this time my stomach really started acting up and after I spent some quality time in the bathroom we decided to head back to the hotel for a bit. We took the train halfway around the park and saw the Grand Canyon. When we got to the hotel I tried to eat some cereal and then took a shower (because there was no bathtub). I was starting to feel bad for dragging Jim and Sadie back to the hotel but when I got out of the shower they were both fast asleep. I guess they needed a break as well. After we all slept for a bit we went back to Disneyland.
When we entered the park we saw people lined up for the parade that was starting in 15 minutes. We managed to find a great spot on the curb just in time (within minutes the whole curb was filled). The Disney gods were favoring us. The parade was wonderful – Sadie loved all the floats and characters. She was especially thrilled when Aladdin looked right at her and blew her a kiss. After the parade we went to Adventureland and rode the Jungle Cruise. We all enjoyed this ride. We went over to New Orleans Square and rode the Haunted Mansion. Sadie did not like this ride one bit! She was scared the entire time. We wanted to ride the new Pirates ride but the wait was 4 hours! It had just re-opened on Monday. We might not be able to ride it this trip.
It was about this time that I realized I had not had much food all day and what little food I had managed to eat had gone right through me. In other words I was about to pass out right there in the happiest place on earth. We went back to the hotel and Jim called our insurance to see where we could get some urgent care. There were no urgent care places near that took our insurance so they told us to go to a hospital. So the rest of the evening was spent at Anaheim Memorial Hospital. We waited in the waiting room for a few hours and then I was finally taken back and hooked up to an IV. They also gave me a muscle relaxer shot for my stomach cramps. A few blood tests and a urine test later and the doctor figured I just had a really bad bug or that my colitis was flaring up or both. He sent me home (or at least to the hotel) full of fluids and told me to take Imodium every three hours. We had spent a total of 5 hours at the hospital and didn’t get back until after 11:00 p.m. Sadie was so good and hardly complained about anything the entire time. It was all a new adventure to her. It was quite an adventurous day for us as well.

No comments: