Saturday, July 01, 2006

Disneyland Trip: Day One



Since I didn't have internet access I couldn't post while on our trip. Jim managed to post a few with his phone though. So here are all my posts with a detailed report of our trip! And as always we have all the pictures up on our gallery for your viewing pleasure! Enjoy!

We managed to leave our house at a pretty decent time for us (10:00 a.m.) and headed out on the road. We stopped a few hours later in Fillmore for a quick lunch. The park we stopped at is the same park that my family used to stop at for breakfast on our trips when I was a little girl. After lunch we drove on and made good time. We stopped for a quick break in Mesquite, Nevada and were in route to arrive in Las Vegas at 4:00 p.m. But wouldn’t you know it there was a huge traffic accident on I 15 and it was completely shut down. What should have been a 30 minute drive ended up taking us well over 2 hours. To add to this delay, the car almost over heated. We had to turn off the cool air and turn on the heater to relieve the engine. Nothing like having the heater on in 107* heat!
We finally made it to Circus Circus and after eating a so-so buffet we headed upstairs to play some games. That’s about when my stomach decided it wasn’t so happy but I still managed to win a few stuffed animals. Seven stuffed animals later we decided to call it a night and drove out to Primm where we stayed for the night. The night was a bit rough for me because my stomach was still upset but I managed to get some sleep after such a long day.

No comments: