
Welcome everyone to our new blog! I will probably do a fairly good job with posts during the summer but when school starts up again in the fall I make no promises. On May 11th Sadie and I went to the Hogle zoo with Kate and Ian. It was our first zoo trip for this year. It was a perfect day to go because it was warm but not yet hot ( not 90* like this week). We saw the usual elephants, zebras, giraffes, etc. but the big cats (lions and tigers) were not there because they are putting in a new exhibit called the Asian Highlands. It looks like it should be cool. Last year they put in a new elephant exhibit that is great, so I have high hopes for this new one. We did get to see the wolves though which I was excited for because they are usually hiding when we go. Interestingly enough the female wolf managed to climb the fence and escape just three days after we were there. They got the people safely into the giraffe house and the reptile house and quickly got her back into her pen after tranquilizing her. No one was harmed, just a bit of excitement. For more pictures of our zoo trip visit our gallery.
No comments:
Post a Comment