We only had 1/2 day left in Paris so we got up early. We packed up our things and checked out of the hotel. They let us leave our luggage there until later which was nice of them. We ate apricot croissants at a small cafe and made our way to Notre Dame Cathedral to take the tour of the towers and get a closer look at the gargoyles. We stood in line for a while and then ascended up the 400 steps to the top. We were enjoying the view when Sadie said she wasn't feeling well. I steered her to the garbage can and she proceeded to throw up. I doubt many people can say that they threw up at the top of Notre Dame! After that she felt a bit better but to be safe she and I walked slowly back down while Jim finished the tour. After sipping some Sprite she was back to normal. We did some more walking and stopped at an Italian restaurant for some pizza. I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant because the food was good at a good price. Plus they gave us free glasses of wine! We walked down to the Pantheon and took a tour of the upper levels (more stairs)! It was pretty cool. We went into the crypt and saw the tombs of Voltaire, Victor Hugo, Alexander Dumas, and Marie Curie. After that it was time to pick up our luggage and head to the train station. The trip back was smooth and fast. Once we got to Kings Cross Station, however, Sadie started not feeling well again. Jim ran into a restaurant and grabbed a cup which Sadie threw up into. The people in the restaurant were very nice and offered her water and another cup (just in case). She felt a bit better after that. We managed to ride the train from London to Cambridge and from there to Bury without further vomiting. We gave Sadie a bath and put her promptly to bed. I think we wore the poor girl out! Here are pictures from Day12.
No comments:
Post a Comment