Monday, October 12, 2009

Sadie's birthday, family visit, & Bike fest '09


I have really dropped the ball with this blogging thing! I keep thinking I will do it when things settle down a bit but then they never do! Anyway, we are keeping busy here in good ole' Texas - the weather has changed, it's actually all over the place...one day it's 90* and sunny the next day it's 57* and rainy but at least we are out of the triple digit temps. September was a busy month starting with Sadie's birthday. We had some Lightbox friends over for cake and ice cream and had a good time. Over Labor day weekend Jim's parents came to visit and help us out with repairs, decorating, and such. They also brought our dog Ginger with them! They so graciously took care of Ginger while we made the transition to Texas and we are so happy to have her back with us! We appreciate greatly all their help and it was wonderful to see them! We also had the Kiker Elementary Bike fest - we rode our bikes down to the school and learned all about bike safety and then rode as a group around the Veloway (a 3 mile paved bike trail). It was very fun.

Jim (and the company) has moved into their permanent office space and are enjoying it, Sadie has made so many friends that we constantly have play dates and birthday parties to go to, and I keep busy with all the volunteer work I am doing. Sadie and I are looking forward to spending this weekend back in Utah for a quick visit while Jim keeps things running smooth here in Texas. Well, that's about it for now. For pictures visit our gallery!

No comments: