Thursday, November 15, 2007

New Job

I'm sorry that I have neglected the blog but I do have a job now. I work as a paraprofessional at an elementary school. Basically I am a teacher's assistant - I work with a wonderful special education teacher. I tutor reading and math to kids individually and in groups from kindergarten to third grade. It's a very rewarding and fun job and I was suprised how much I love it. It can be challenging at times but that keeps it from being boring. The school I work in (North Star Elementary) has a large hispanic population so I have had opportunity to show off my knowledge (or lack thereof) of spanish. Another great thing about this job is that I have holidays and summers off to be with Sadie and I get every other Friday off so the schedule is a perfect fit. I feel as if I am making a difference and I look forward to going to work and trying to make learning fun.

No comments: