Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ginger update


As you all know, we adopted a dog back in January named Ginger. I thought I would let everyone know how everything is going with her. Ginger is, by nature, a good dog but like all dogs, without the proper discipline and training, she was becoming a bit hard to manage at times. When we first got Ginger the plan was for Jim to be the discipline person for her, after all Jim knew a lot more about dogs than I did. I grew up with cats, I never really had a dog. But after a while we realized that Jim was gone most of the time with his work and I was the one dealing with Ginger. So a few weeks ago Ginger and I started a dog obedience course at Petsmart and it has made all the difference. We both have learned so much and Ginger now listens to me. She is a very well behaved dog, this class is more for me to learn how to train her and deal with her. We really love having her around -she really fits with our family. Sadie just adores her, they love to play together and Sadie loves to train her with treats. We can't imagine life without her now! Adopting her was one of the best decisions we have ever made.

No comments: