Sunday, June 18, 2006

Our new room


Every summer I take on a project in our house - this summer was our bedroom. Jim wasn't a fan of our old comforter so I let him pick the new one and then I decorated the room around it. The first thing that I had to do was to scrape the old "popcorn" style ceiling and repaint it. Then I tore down all the wallpaper (which luckily came down rather easily). After that I had to convince Jim to let me paint the back wall red. He was a bit hesitant at first but I told him that I would change it if he didn't like it. Turns out he loves it, as do I. The other walls are a gold color so the whole room isn't done in red. It really turned out well and I am glad that I don't have any more ceilings with that "popcorn" *&%#$ on it. I'm not a big fan of the stuff and I'm not a big fan of scraping it off. Anyway we are very happy with the end result!

No comments: